Friday, July 27, 2012

Surprise from the Superstar


“I am indebted to you,” Rajinikanth tells fans at the audio launch of Kumki
The team of Kumki couldn’t have asked for a bigger surprise. The audio launch function of the film, held on Thursday at Sathyam Cinemas, was attended by a host of stars from the Tamil film industry, including Kamal Haasan and Suriya.
But what made the occasion even more special was the fact that Superstar Rajinikanth chose to attend the function at the last minute. Speaking on the occasion, Rajini said, “I don’t attend any function these days for two reasons. One, attending one function and saying no to another would be inappropriate. Two, doctors have advised me not to strain myself. So, when actor Prabhu, whose son makes his debut in Tamil cinema with Kumki, invited me to this event, I said, ‘Don’t take it amiss, I will not be able to make it.’ However, Prabhu came home yesterday and left an invitation for the event. When I called him to find out why he had invited me knowing well that I wouldn’t be able to make it, he replied it was his duty to invite me.”
A visibly moved Rajini continued, “I was touched. It is his love that has brought me here. I have recovered only because of the love of fans. I am indebted to you (fans) and do not know how to repay you for your love. This is why I shy away from you like a borrower avoids a moneylender.”
Amidst cheers, the actor continued, “The doctors didn’t allow even Kamal to meet me when I was hospitalised in Singapore. I was disturbed and called him up to talk to him. He was disappointed but understood my situation. Vikram Prabhu who makes his debut with this film has a bright future.”

No comments: