Sunday, December 16, 2012

Kamal in love with Coimbatore


When Ulaganayagan Kamal Haasan descended in Coimbatore from a chopper, for the audio launch of his upcoming film Viswaroopam, at a college campus in the city, he had the crowd going gaga over him. And when he took the stage and announced it loud and clear that Coimbatore 'was special to him', there was just no stopping his fans. The senior actor, said on the occasion, "I was born in Ramanathapuram. There's a Ramanthapuram in Coimbatore too where MMA Chinnappa Thevar of Thevar Films saw the actor in me. A lot of people have asked me if I was from Coimbatore from then to the time I did Sathileelavathi, in which I speak the Coimbatore dialect and I have always said 'yes'." The actor also added that he has used the Auro 3D sound technology in the film. "Viswaroopam is the second film in the world and the first in Asia to use the technology," said the actor, who also sang a couple of numbers from the film on the occasion.

No comments: