Sunday, May 4, 2014

I don't decide Vikram's stories: Prabhu


Prabhu is one artiste who still likes to call himself the son of Nadigar Thilagam Sivaji Ganesan despite having carved a niche for himself in the industry. The actor gushes, "What got the family going was the love of the people from all quarters. Just like my father, I was accepted in every household as Chinnathambi. Today, children identify Vikram as the 'elephant man', courtesy his maiden venture Kumki that gave him a flying start to his career. I have to thank director Prabhu Solomon for that. Vikram is now gearing up for his next project Arima Nambi." Though the third generation is testing waters in the industry, Prabhu maintains that they do not discuss work at home. "I don't decide his stories. I may have been a hero in the past, but films have undergone a drastic change. Despite the fact that I was plump, I was accepted as a lead actor during my time. The same cannot be said of today. There is a need to look fit. Vikram used to be a chubby child, so when acting opportunity beckoned; he sweated it out to get that toned look. Actors juggle two-three films at a time, work on their looks and spend time with their families on weekends. It's quite packed for them today," he says.

No comments: