USEFUL BLOG FOR ALL MUKKULATHORS AND INFORMATIONS REGARDING MUTHURAMALINGA THEVAR, ACTOR KARTHIK - AINMK,OTHER THEVAR(DEVAR)PERSONALITIES....ALONG WITH IMPORTANT NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL NEWS AND HAPPENINGS.Website which link the Thevar community around the world
Tuesday, November 5, 2013
Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose: 5 facts you should know
Subhas Chandra Bose (January 23, 1897 – August 18, 1945) known lovingly as Netaji was one of the most significant freedom fighetrs in India's struggle for independence.Here are 5 facts one should know about him:
1. Netaji was the ninth child.
2. It was a rule at that time that one could not carry an umbrella when meeting the Governor General at his Kolkata office. Netaji was going to meet him, and this was after he had secured top marks in the Indian Civil Services (ICS) examination.
At that point of time, it was a mark of repect for Bengali gentlemen to carry umbrellas. When asked why he was carrying the umbrella, when it was clearly against the rules, Netaji put the umbrella around the neck of the British Governor General and warned him never to talk to him like that ever again.
3. He could have had a rewarding career in the civil service, but gave it up to win India’s freedom.
4. In the 20 year period from 1921 to 1941, he was jailed 11 times in various parts of India.
5. It was never proved that Netaji dies in the plane crash in 1945. In fact, there are claims till recently that he was still India or Russia. There have been scattered reports in the past about people spotting Netaji.