Monday, April 16, 2012

Lingusamy’s dream comes true

He has earned a name as a commercially reliable director and now, Lingusamy is fast becoming a producer to watch out for.

The Vettai director's production house currently has two offbeat films - Balaji Sakthivel's Vazhakku Enn 18/9 and Prabhu Solomon's Kumki - waiting to be released.

At the recent audio launch of Vazhakku Enn 18/9, Lingusamy mentioned that the occasion was a dream-come-true for him.


"When I was working on my first film for producer R B Choudary, I was amazed at how four films were being produced at the same time by his office. And I was told by a colleague that such a sight was the norm at yesteryear production house Devar Films. I used to wonder if I would even produce films and now, I'm producing four films at once. I think it is certainly beyond my wildest dreams," he said.

The director also expressed his happiness about introducing many debutants in a single film. "I can only now understand how proud R B Choudary, who often gives chances to newcomers, would have felt seeing his discoveries on stage," he remarked.

No comments: