Monday, April 16, 2012

Seeman is cinema’s man in khaki

Director Seeman was at his chirpy best at the music launch of Kandupidi Kandupidi( KK). He explained why he always gets to play a cop whenever he gets a chance to act. “In the few films that I get to act in I usually end up playing an upright police officer.

I play the part of Pugazh Maran, a righteous cop, in KK too. KK’s director, Ram Subbaraman, met me while I was shooting for Pugazhendhi Thangaraj's Uchithanai Muharndhal in which I play a cop again,” Seeman said. “Pugazhendhi sir casually asked me what role Ram had offered me. ‘Policeman,’ I told him. Immediately he said, 'Cinema looks at Seeman as a policeman, only politics sees him as an accused,” Seeman added.

Seeman also said that very few directors take the risk of casting him in their films. “When Ram Subbaraman came and narrated this script, I felt it was something fresh and unique,” Seeman said. Everyone who attended the do was raving about composer Kalki Yuva’s re-recording and Sukumar’s cinematography.

The audio was launched by Ram’s mentor, Prabhu Solomon, while the film’s leading man, Murali, played the perfect host. Tarun Shatriya, Samu Sivaraj, Balashekaran, Sendhi, Meenal and Jagan were also present at the music launch.

No comments: