Friday, July 26, 2013

Actor Karunas to act in a French film


Popular comedian Karunas is on cloud nine, and with plenty of reason. He has been asked to play lead protagonist in a French film, an Indo-French collaboration, a fact that was revealed recently.



Meanwhile, his comedy riot, Ragalaipuram, of which he is the producer and wherein he plays a timid guy in khaki, is gearing for release. Directed by Manohar, Karunas has Angana Roy as his lady love. Speaking at the audio launch, he said, “My previous production, Chandamama, didn’t fare well. My friends advised me against taking the risk of producing films. I would rather happily act in other producers’ flicks and make my bucks. For me I want to pursue what my mind tells me gives me happiness.”



Sharing details of his future projects, he said, “I play a crucial role in Santhosh Sivan’s film, Eelam, which will premiere at the Toronto Festival this September. I was introduced to him through Thaanu sir. The French film I am going to be part of is being produced by top French actor Gerard Depardieu’s elder brother, with his daughter in the female lead. Eighty per cent of the film is over, and if all goes well, the film will premiere at the Cannes International Film Festival.”



No comments: