Thursday, January 24, 2013

Collecting Subhash Chandra Bose memorabilia is a passion for this lawyer


Rare photographs of Subhash Chandra Bose have been collected painstakingly for over three decades by a lawyer who idolises Netaji since childhood and has turned his home into a private museum at Badahaat area in this town in Odisha's Kendrapara district.
The great leader shaking hands with Adolf Hitler, his broadcast to the nation, his visit to the infamous Cellular jail in the Andamans, Rash Behari Bose handing over the baton of the Indian National Congress president ship to him and sharing private moments with his family, figure in the collection of 45-year-old Mohammad Mustaque.
"Children adore Bollywood heroes, but since childhood I was a fan of Netaji. His magnetic personality drew me to know more and more about him. Later on, I began to collect everything on him that I could possibly lay my hands on," Mustaque said.
"It was quite a task to collect the photographs. I had to part with hard earned money. From bookshops at College street in Kolkata to various individuals in the state, my search for Netaji memorabilia still continues. I feel my labour has been worth it," he said proudly.
Besides photographs, his collect

No comments: