Monday, January 21, 2013

Gautham Karthik and Thulasi Nair not so nervous about their first film


KADAL movie stills: Gautham Karthik and Thulasi Nair not so nervous about their first film
Daughter of yesteryear actor Radha Nair, Thulasi is playing the lead opposite Gautham Karthik in the film, written, produced and directed by Mani Ratnam.
Thulasi Nair faced the camera for the first time for forthcoming Tamil romantic-drama Kadal and didn’t experience any butterflies in her stomach. “This may be my first appearance in front of the camera but I had no problem facing it because it was just an object for me”, said Thulasi.
Talking about her association with Ratnam, she said: “Mani sir helped me to bring the out the character which was already hidden within me and since acting runs in my genes, it wasn’t difficult.” on the other hand, Tamil actor Karthik says he knew his son Gautham Karthik, was in safe hands. “The day my son (Gautham) was cast in Mani sir’s film, I knew he was in safe hands. I didn’t have to worry at all. In fact, being a father, I didn’t even visit my son on the sets because Mani sir whom I also consider a father-like figure was taking care of him,” said Karthik.
The movie has received a U certificate by the censor boards. AR Rahman has composed the music for the film, which also stars Arvind Swamy, Arjun, Lakshmi Manchu and Thambi Ramaiah. It is releasing on February 1.
Apparently, Thulasi has already bagged another project Yaan opposite Jiiva and is currently busy shooting for the Tamil romantic-drama. We wish the debutantes good luck for their first movie.

No comments: