Wednesday, October 22, 2014

It’s Time for More Talk, Less Action


It’s the busy season of Deepavali, but Vikram Prabhu is more excited about the two films he’s involved with currently. “I just got back from the dubbing of Vellakara Durai (VD) directed by Ezhil,” he tells. The film is a full-length comedy, and Vikram Prabhu can’t keep the grin off his face as he recounts, “It’s now more talk and less action for me in this film, since I’m trying my hand at comedy for the first time. So there is more of dialogue and not the usual stunts and action that I’ve been doing in the last few films.” In the film with Sridivya as heroine, Vikram Prabhu plays a happy-go-lucky guy. He says, “I can’t reveal more, but I can say that I’ve never done this kind of role so far.” The actor was initially apprehensive about tickling the funny bone, “I did wonder how I would pull off a comedy. But I trust Ezhil totally and just do what elicits 100 per cent satisfaction from him. I basically like comedy. So, I thought it would be good to test myself and take the learning curve at the same time.” The actor seems to be really racing ahead, with earlier releases like Arima Nambi and Sigaram Thodu. Apart from VD, he’s also shooting for A L Vijay’s untitled film. Vikram Prabhu agrees he’s taking life full on. “Kumki took a long time in the making, so now I’m making up for the lost time,” he adds. About working with AL Vijay, he says, “One schedule has been shot in Cochin. The rest will be in Chennai. When I came from VD’s sets, it took me some time to adjust to his style of working. Vijay is very subtle. Shuttling between the films took some adjustments to the different making styles. But it was fun.” Without revealing much about his role, he adds, “Vijay’s is a city subject and a family film. Keerthi, daughter of Menaka and Suresh, is debuting as heroine.”

No comments: